It’s a fantastic time to be working in sales and marketing, and there have never been so many clever and innovative digital tools available that could help you nail your targets (as well as organise your personal life and have some fun along the way!).
If you feel like you’ve been missing out, but the thought of trying to wade through to find the really good ones is leaving you in a cold sweat, then fear not. We’ve done the hard work for you.
Here are the top 5 digital tools that anyone working in sales and marketing should have in their lives, along with the best of the rest. These apps and services are so hot and so awesome, you’ll wish you’d known about them yonks ago.
1. IFTTT (If this then that) - ifttt.com – Rated outstanding by PC Mag, this free website and service is just amazing and really easy to use. It lets you automate simple tasks and can make almost any app work with another one. You simply link anything you’d like to reach, such as your emails, Dropbox, social media accounts and even weather apps, then create ‘recipes’ to make things happen. For example, you can set up to get notifications if it's going to rain tomorrow, or post new Instagram photos to Tumblr or Flickr automatically. There's even the ability to get out of a meeting by sending yourself a phone call at a scheduled time.
2. HubSpot – Many digital marketing teams say they just couldn’t be without Hubspot - and for good reason. It is an integrated inbound marketing platform that can help companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers. Rather than hitting potential customers with outbound marketing, the platform allows for the targeting of people who have a genuine need or interest, coined as inbound marketing. It enables firms to be found in the natural course of the way potential customers shop and learn, by providing content that is helpful and of value. Offering a huge range of tools, marketing teams can use it to do everything from building landing pages, to managing social media, publishing blogs, improving search engine optimization and measuring ROI.
3. Google Drive - Google Drive is a free service that allows you to store files online and is accessible from anywhere via the cloud. It gives you access to free web-based applications for creating documents, spreadsheets and more. For teams, Google Drive provides a place for multiple people to work on a document at the same time, from slideshows to spreadsheets and text documents. There is no broken formatting like you can hit in Microsoft Word, no forgetting to save as it auto saves and you can even work offline if you need to.
4. Lead Forensics – You’ll never miss a single website lead again thanks to this clever software. If you’re driving web traffic then Lead Forensics can reveals the identity of anonymous visitors, helping to turn them into actionable sales leads in real-time. This valuable data ensures no opportunity is ever missed and lets you engage with prospects right at the top of the funnel, identifying sales leads you never knew you had and accelerating marketing ROI.
5. GetSidekick.com – The tool every sales person needs in their life. You’ll get the ultimate in email data with Sidekick. Know who opens your emails, when they opened them, how many times and even from where. When you’re writing an email, with Sidekick’s tools you’ll have all the relevant information about your recipient at your fingertips, from contact history to social media content, mutual connections and more.
And the best of the rest...
Buffer.com – In a nutshell, Buffer is a way to simply and easily share social media posts on multiple platforms. You simply add your Tweets, Facebook stories or LinkedIn updates onto your Buffer ‘queue’ and Buffer will post them for you, all well spread out over the day and at the best times.
Teamwork.com – This free and easy to use online application is perfect for team members who are collaborating on larger projects that may have multiple tasks assigned to lots of different people.
Trello - Millions of people and companies of all kinds and sizes love using Trello. It’s a free, flexible, and visual way to organize anything with anyone. Perfect for those ‘to do’ lists, showing your priorities at a glance.
Buzzsumo – Not just a great name but a great tool too, perfect for use with content marketing and SEO campaigns. It helps you quickly identify what content is working well in an industry, which topics related to your business are getting the most attention and who the major influencers are.
Canva – A great online image manipulation and creation tool. Makes it super easy for non-designers to create stunning graphics. In today's world images are more important than ever and with Canva you can quickly create them.
1Password – With all these apps and new technologies our modern world is becoming increasingly full of passwords and logins. 1Password is a super useful app that can remember them all for you, so you just need to remember the one as the name suggests.
Long gone are the days when Sales and Marketing teams could operate in isolation. Download our eBook to discover why and how Sales and Marketing teams should be joining forces.